Asked by Susanne from United Kingdom | Oct. 07, 2016 07:55
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

do I need an invitation letter if I want to visit my sister who lives in China at the moment.

My sisters husband works in China. He and his family are german and live there for the time being. Do I need a tourist visa?
Do I need an invitation letter from them?
I am German and live in the UK.
Do I have to book the flights first?
Many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Selena from France | Oct. 07, 2016 22:55
Hi Susanne! If you will stay with your sister's family rather than stay in a hotel during your China trip, you should get an invitation letter from your sister's husband, and perhaps a photocopy of his passport and residence permit in PRC. By doing so, you don't need to show round-trip tickets and hotel bookings when applying for the tourist L type entry permit. So you don't need to buy the air tickets first.
Related Questions:
I am a US citizen who will be visiting my sister who lives in HK. I want to...
Asked by Mr.Glenn from USA
| Jul. 11, 2009 20:52
My name is awil from somalia , I'm a student in china i have been here fo...
Asked by awil from China
| Jul. 11, 2013 04:50
Do I check Tourism or Short Term Visit To Foreigner Residing in China?
Asked by Peter from United Kingdom
| Dec. 15, 2015 21:32
Do I need to declare food items I'm taking to China for my sister?
Asked by LK from USA
| Jun. 25, 2014 21:41
hello..i am a german citizen and want to visit my sister who lives in Beiji...
Asked by Ms.michelle liepmann from China
| Jun. 24, 2009 23:06
Hi Am an Indian passport holder working in japan , i have a couple of quest...
Asked by Poornima from India
| Oct. 13, 2012 02:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)