Asked by Phil Walsh from U.K | Oct. 01, 2016 05:52
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

I arrive in Hong Kong for a 2 day stay then join a cruise ship, 12 days later I arrive in Shanghai

2 days in Hong Kong, 12 days cruise to Shanghai Do I need a visa for both? Am I covered both times by the 144 hour waiver visa

Answers (1)
Answered by Luke from Rwanda | Oct. 07, 2016 22:48
You can enjoy free entry to HK if you hold UK passport, so no visa will be required.
As for Shanghai, if you will go to a third country or region rather than the last one you come from after staying in Shanghai for less than 144 hours, you may be able to enjoy the 144 hour free transit there. However, if you enter and leave by the same cruise ship, you may be required to provide a visa. You’d better confirm that with the cruise ship company.
Related Questions:
US citizen to Shanghai
Asked by Angie from USA
| Sep. 28, 2017 21:41
Am I able to obtain the 144 hour visa and do I get it from the port on arri...
Asked by Lester from Australia
| Oct. 08, 2017 21:19
Arriving by air into Shanghai to join a cruise ship
Asked by James Connolly from Canada
| Aug. 29, 2018 20:09
Onward exit on cruise ship, will i be eligible for the transit visa?
Asked by Ian from United Kingdom
| Aug. 11, 2014 02:28
single, double or multi entry visum travel on cruiseship
Asked by G. Huizinga from Netherlands
| Aug. 20, 2017 22:54
Can this trip be visa-free?
Asked by Adrian from UK
| Sep. 17, 2018 00:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)