Asked by Ashley Solomon from American living in China | Sep. 13, 2016 01:23
About:Visa Policy of China

How to get a visa if you are not currently working and do not have a permanent residence?

Hi, I have a friend who is American, but is staying in Germany right now. He wants to visit China soon, but in the application process it says he will have to present proof of the place he is living. However, he does not have a permanent residence there because he just finished his job and is now traveling. So what should he give as a proof of his residence if he is just traveling in Germany?

He also just finished his job, so he cannot present a letter from his work unit because he does not have one. So is this necessary?

Answers (1)
Answered by Toby from Belgium | Sep. 13, 2016 22:10
Ashley, based on what I know, when you apply for it in a third country, the original and photocopy of valid certificates of residence, employment or student status, or other valid certificates of legal stay provided by the relevant authorities is needed when apply for it in Germany. Maybe he can find an agency and see if the agency can find a way to solve this problem. Otherwise, he is advised to go back to his home country and apply for it.
Related Questions:
I am Pakistani currently living in UAE as a Permanent Residence how I can a...
Asked by Muhammad Sohail from Pakistan
| Sep. 28, 2016 20:43
Hello! Work Permit
Asked by wagner from Brazil
| Oct. 28, 2018 08:26
Permanent Residence question
Asked by Andrew from USA
| Jul. 23, 2012 01:32
Entry permit/Visa for Macau
Asked by Manoj from USA
| Sep. 13, 2016 22:24
Can a Venezuelan citizen apply for a Chinese visa from Tokyo, Japan?
Asked by Jose Villegas from Japan
| Jun. 15, 2011 02:35
Permanent Residence Permit for Foreigners in the PRC
Asked by bharat from India
| May. 21, 2012 03:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)