Asked by Malcolm from Australia | Aug. 29, 2016 06:41
About:China Consulate in Brisbane

My wife and I are traveling to China on a cruise ship

My wife and I are traveling to China on a cruise ship Diamond Princess with stop overs in Hong Kong on 3/11 and 4/11, Shanghai 7/11 and later Beijing (Tianjin) 12/11 with a two night stop over, leaving on 14/11 back to Australia.
We are Australian citizens living in rural Australia.
My question is - do we need visas to enter China and these ports as described?
We do not live near a Chinese embassy, so we would appreciate your earliest attention to this matter.
Thanking you

Answers (1)
Answered by Francis from Finland | Aug. 29, 2016 22:36
Malcolm, you don’t need to provide entry permit for HK because Australian passport holders can enjoy free entry to HK for a stay of not exceeding 90 days.
But you need to apply for a tourist L type for entry to mainland PRC. If you will travel in China waters all the way, a single-entry tourist L type is enough; but if not, a double-entry L type may be needed. You can contact with the cruise company and confirm that.
Related Questions:
Clothes on Yangtze River cruise
Asked by James Janek from USA
| Dec. 29, 2016 20:45
We will be traveling Vancouver to Beijing and then to Dalian and Qingdao by...
Asked by Mr.Rittenhouse from Canada
| Feb. 17, 2011 21:50
do we need a visa
Asked by Suliman from canada
| Sep. 12, 2013 00:53
What if you don't have a Visa for Shanghai
Asked by debbie from United States
| Mar. 17, 2017 00:51
Asked by Romina from Croatia
| May. 18, 2015 01:54
visa for china if I take a cruise to China
Asked by allan from australia
| Apr. 29, 2014 02:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)