Asked by Sreelal from India | Aug. 23, 2016 00:14
About:China Visa

validity of Visa in old passport after the renewal

I am an India passport holder working in China and have Chinese residence permit chopped on my passport. As my passport validity going to expire, I would like to renew it from India in my next travel at Oct 2016. So can I back to china using the new passport and visa in the old one. Also my visa validity expires on Feb 2017. So in January can I go and back using the same procedure or need to rechop the visa on my new passport after my first return..

Answers (1)
Answered by Biber from Japan | Aug. 23, 2016 20:53
Sreelal, if the information on your new passport is the same as that on your old passport, you can hold both passports to enter PRC and don’t need to apply for new entry permit. After entering PRC, you can transfer the residence permit on your old passport to the new one at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB.
Related Questions:
Can I use the old China travel permit which is still valid after renewal of...
Asked by Shen from United States
| Aug. 02, 2011 01:32
I have a passport with a validity of one week short 6 months on date of tra...
Asked by Sam from Philippines
| Feb. 26, 2018 21:43
Can i able to travel to shanghai on expired indian passport?
Asked by Dhananjay from India
| Oct. 06, 2012 22:37
sir, if passport have residence visa and I need to renew the passport earli...
Asked by Mr.Imtiaz Ali from Saudi Arabia
| Mar. 08, 2010 02:51
Which documents I need to support my application?
Asked by Kewal from Canada
| Jun. 14, 2013 22:35
Can we take back old passport after submitting for renewal of new passport?...
Asked by Bernice from Singapore
| Jan. 17, 2012 02:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)