Asked by Trevor from America | Aug. 17, 2016 09:09
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

My Chinese wife and I are in China and need to Authenticate marriage from America

My wife is Chinese and I am American and we got married in America last year. We are now both in China again. I was told that I need to authenticate my marriage in China for our marriage to be recognized in China. If this is true, how do I go about doing this? Can I do this in China or does it need to be done at Chinese embassy in America?

Answers (1)
Answered by Edison from Denmark | Aug. 17, 2016 22:22
You need to authenticate it at the embassy of PRC in America.
You should first get your marriage certificate notarized by the notary public and then get it notarized by the Secretary of State (but some states also require the authentication of County Clerk first), afterwards, get the marriage certificate attested by the embassy of PRC.
After the above-mentioned process, you can take the marriage certificate to PRC and go to the local PSB in your wife’s hometown to change her marital status. In this case, your marriage will be recognized in PRC.
Related Questions:
Me and my wife are in China. I need to AUTHENTICATE my marriage document fr...
Asked by Mr.Azeem from Pakistan
| Mar. 14, 2011 01:10
my husband and i decided to get our resident visa.
Asked by marilou arias from Philippines
| May. 13, 2015 01:57
Can my Chinese wife own my property if we do not register our marriage in C...
Asked by nelson kelley from China
| Jun. 27, 2011 22:52
Getting Married in China.
Asked by Ren from Italy
| Nov. 14, 2016 01:53
what is the new marriage certificate authentication ?
Asked by Jeff from China
| Jul. 07, 2011 04:51
Is there a need for personal appearance if i want to authenticate my marria...
Asked by love from Philippines
| Nov. 01, 2011 23:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)