Asked by Rohan from India | Aug. 08, 2016 00:09
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Can the Chinese visa be carried over from an old to new passport

Hi!, I have an Indian passport.
I had to apply for a new passport as the pages were exhausted, although the passport was valid till 2021.
My now old and cancelled passport has a ME Chinese entry permit for 6 months valid till Nov 2016.
Can I use this on my old passport, to travel to China on my new passport, or do I have to apply for a new one again for my new passport.
Will appreciate your reply.
Thanks and Warm Rgds

Answers (1)
Answered by Walter from Rwanda | Aug. 08, 2016 21:52
Rohan, you cannot transfer the entry permit on your old passport to your new passport. But if the information on both passports is the same, it’s possible for you to travel by taking both passports. In this case, you don’t need to apply for a new entry permit for PRC.
Related Questions:
Hi everyone. Visa transfer
Asked by uno from Philippines
| Mar. 04, 2018 20:24
Can I travel with my new Malaysia passport with the China visa in old Malay...
Asked by Khoo from Malaysia
| Apr. 10, 2017 20:57
I have a 10yr multi Chinese visa. Recently, I got a new US passport. Can I ...
Asked by Kyunam Choi from USA
| Apr. 05, 2017 02:53
Old US passport to new US passport
Asked by Amelia Arcilla from USA
| Aug. 03, 2016 02:41
Travel with new passport with Visa in old passport (which has run out of pa...
Asked by W Ho from Australia
| Jul. 26, 2016 22:02
My boss who is Swedish has a Chinese Visa that is valid for another year.
Asked by Kumar Thurairajah from Malaysia
| Nov. 19, 2012 03:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)