Asked by Edward from USA | Aug. 01, 2016 01:30
About:China Visa

Which visa do I need

Hello, I am traveling from Los Angeles to Thailand in September. I have a 14 hour layover in Shanghai and another 14 hour layover in Kunming. Can I use the 24 hour free transit pass to just take a tour of Shanghai during my first layover and stay in the airport in Kunming for my second layover before flying to Thailand? If not which visa should I consider getting? I'm mainly interested in touring Shanghai. Many thanks!

Answers (2)
Answered by William from Thailand | Aug. 01, 2016 22:17
Edward, I’m afraid you cannot use the 24-hour free transit because your total layover time in PRC is more than 24 hours. You need to apply for a transit G visa for your 28-hour transit in PRC. And you are allowed to tour iin Shanghai with the G type entry permit.
Answered by Edward from USA | Aug. 02, 2016 02:05
Thanks for the response, could I instead apply for the multiple entry 10 year tourist visa since I hold a USA passport and would book a hotel for one night for my 14 hour layover in Kunming?
Related Questions:
I am USA citizen and I want to open a small business in China
Asked by Michael from USA
| Sep. 18, 2015 22:11
hell...i want to go on shopping in china for one week. which visa do i need...
Asked by George Bor from Kenya
| Dec. 19, 2015 20:36
Jamaican living in Japan. I want to go Beijing and Shanghai Which visa do I...
Asked by Ranique from Jamaica
| Feb. 03, 2017 00:42
Visa to shenzhen
Asked by Shipon from United Kingdom
| Jan. 17, 2016 21:39
Flying from Berlin to Hong Kong and leaving from Guangzhou to Ho Chi Minh C...
Asked by Gotz from Germany
| Aug. 11, 2013 03:57
I am a Ghanaian and am planning to travel to China on trading purpose.
Asked by ben from Ghana
| Oct. 24, 2015 21:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)