Asked by Clive from England | Aug. 01, 2016 01:04
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Residential permits

Hi, i have just renewed my passport, my old passport has a residential visa valid until October 2016, can i use this to enter China, assuming i need to present new and old passports (different numbers). Plus i am finding it difficult to get a straight answer for the following question, can i apply for/renew/extend my residential permit within China, or do i need to apply for a Z type and then apply for the residential permit again? Again if i need to apply for a new Z type, can this be done in China or do i need to return to my own country? If it makes any difference my wife is Chinese and lives in China, the province is Guizhou and the city is Guiyang, thanks in advance, Clive

Answers (1)
Answered by Mac from Norway | Aug. 01, 2016 21:41
Clive, I think you can use the residence permit on your old passport to enter PRC and you should travel by holding both passports.
After entering PRC, you can just renew your residence permit at the exit and entry administration. In this way, you don’t need to apply for a new work Z type and do the same process again.
Related Questions:
can we apply for Macau visa in mainland?
Asked by godspeed from China
| Apr. 03, 2015 02:58
what is the best residential area to live in hefei
Asked by laoluo from China
| Jun. 03, 2011 03:13
Home Return Permit for cruise trip to Shanghai . How long will it take to g...
Asked by Stephen Tong from Cardiff United Kingdom
| Jul. 07, 2012 02:06
Residence permit. Is there a fixed period like 1 year or is it up to us to ...
Asked by Ng from Singapore
| Aug. 08, 2018 20:39
Are there any residential apartments at 3300 Nanhai Ave. Nanshan District, ...
Asked by John from USA
| Mar. 29, 2014 03:26
Can I get a Chinese travel visa at Istanbul Consulate, in Turkey, without g...
Asked by valentine from United Kingdom
| Mar. 27, 2015 02:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)