Asked by Victor from Mexico | Jul. 26, 2016 12:51
About:China Tourist Visa

Round-trip flight for visa

Hi all, I'm a Mexican citizen planning a trip to China. Our itinerary looks as follows:

-Fly into Hong Kong. Stay there three days.
-Fly to Shanghai. Stay there three days.
-Train to Beijing. Stay there three days.
-Train to Xian. Stay there two days.
-Fly to Hong Kong. Stay there one day.
-Fly back home.

I understand that we need a single-entry permit, as we will only be entering mainland PRC once; however, my question is about the round-trip flight requirement. Our round-trip flight is to/from Hong Kong; however, per the itinerary above, we are planning to fly to Shanghai from Hong Kong and then fly back to Hong Kong from Xian.....would this be an issue for the entry permit? Does the round-trip flight need to be to/from the same city in mainland PRC? Because if that's the case, we'd have to get a round-trip flight to/from Shanghai and waste money and time to get back from Xian to Shanghai.

I read somewhere that the initial round-trip flight to/from Hong Kong would suffice, and I also read somewhere else that the flight back to Hong Kong from Xian would also suffice, but I thought I'd ask you guys. Please advise?
Thanks so much in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Hugo from Sweden | Jul. 26, 2016 21:33
Victor, there is no need to worry! You can travel like what you said above by holding a single entry permit.
It doesn’t have to be to/from the same city in mainland PRC. You can enter from Shanghai and exit from Xian. You won’t encounter any problems.
Related Questions:
72 transit visa
Asked by Mari from Finland
| Aug. 01, 2015 21:18
144 hours visa question
Asked by Flor from France
| Mar. 21, 2018 09:48
Roundtrip Singapore-Shanghai (US Citizen)
Asked by Erica from USA
| Feb. 26, 2015 20:28
72 hours permit
Asked by Victor from USA
| Aug. 02, 2013 03:23
For the stay permit or the 72 hour visa free transit, will it be a stamp or...
Asked by Matt from Taiwan
| May. 08, 2013 01:36
Do i need return flight booked in advance for visa
Asked by kyle from USA
| Jun. 25, 2014 03:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)