Asked by Matt from China | Jul. 17, 2016 06:50
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

What can I do with a 30 day humanitarian visa when switching companies and getting a z work visa?

Hi the idiots in the HR at my old company accidently canceled my residence permit when I was switching between companies and now I'm on a 30 day humanitarian visa (can't remember the name). Can I extend this and go to Hong Kong to apply and receive the z work type entry permit? If not would there be any problems getting a tourist L type or business M type (my company can provide all the paper work) going back to china then going back to Hong Kong to get the z paper?

Answers (1)
Answered by Damon from USA | Jul. 18, 2016 21:19
Matt, it’s possible for you to extend the 30-day humanitarian entry permit.
Usually, if you don’t have HK residence permit in HK, it’s not easy to get work Z type from there, but you can have a try!
Or you can apply for a business M type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB, and after you get all the required documents for work Z type. You can try to change the M type to Z type within PRC.
Related Questions:
switching employer in china. what to do?
Asked by Frank from United States
| Jun. 04, 2018 21:29
Can I switch from a humanitarian visa to a student X without exit from Chin...
Asked by David from South Africa
| Oct. 22, 2018 20:32
I need a 1 month work visa but would like to travel for period of time afte...
Asked by Maurice from The Netherlands
| Aug. 28, 2014 21:43
Very little time with physical passport during z-visa application
Asked by Jason from Canada
| Feb. 20, 2014 01:32
Humanitarian Visa to Z visa
Asked by Jon from China
| Sep. 24, 2018 20:42
Residence permit for a Tajik
Asked by Dostonjon from Tajikistan
| Nov. 23, 2017 03:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)