Asked by Alesa from USA | Jul. 16, 2016 16:52
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Chicago > Shanghai (layover less than 24 hrs) > Okinawa > Shangha (layover 48 hrs) > Chicago

Flying through Shanghai from Chicago to Okinawa and back. Less than 24 hr layover in Shanghai going, so would apply for Temporary Entry Permit in Shanghai to stay in hotel overnight then fly out the next day to Okinawa. On the way back would apply for the 72 hour free transit at Shanghai to stay in hotel for 2 nights and then fly out next day to Chicago. Does this sound right?

Also, it states that passengers transiting in Shanghai, Zhejiang, or Jiangsu can move around the three places. Does this mean that coming in/out of Shanghai I could visit Zuhou which is in the Jiangsu province?

Answers (1)
Answered by Eric from Canada | Jul. 18, 2016 20:14
Alesa, what you said is right. You can enjoy the free transit for both transits in Shanghai.
When you enjoy the free transit in Shanghai, you are allowed to visit the places in Jiangsu Province.
Related Questions:
can I use the 24 hour direct transit (or the 72hr exemption) on both legs o...
Asked by Jonh Mitchell from USA
| Apr. 27, 2017 21:29
overnight layover in Shanghai
Asked by KAD from USA
| Oct. 29, 2015 21:02
Indian Passport Holder & travelling to Thailand with layover in Shanghai.Ca...
Asked by Abhilash from India
| Apr. 27, 2018 21:35
24 Hour Transit Without Visa
Asked by Amy L Cabbage from USA
| Apr. 13, 2016 04:47
Would I be able to use the 72 transit visa? Thanks.
Asked by Jack from USA
| Jul. 16, 2015 22:39
We are currently in Munich, Germany (from US, with US passports), but flyin...
Asked by Diana from USA
| Oct. 20, 2014 22:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)