Asked by Kris Bonner from USA | Jul. 14, 2016 15:39
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

single or double entry visa for cruise

I'm taking a 2-week cruise in October, looking at your firm for excursions, have a question. The cruise starts in Japan, then stops in Beijing, Shanghai, and ends in Hong Kong. Our ship stays for 2 days in Beijing, and we want to one (1) night stay at a hotel in Beijing, rather than the 3-hour drive back to the ship. I know I need an entry permit for the Beijing overnight. The next stop is Shanghai- 2 days there, but we will sleep on the ship since it's a port city. My question is how to answer the question on the application form "Intended number of entries". Should I check (1) entry, or two (2) entries? Cruise line seems clueless. I have no plans to return to China in the year following our cruise. Thanks much.

Answers (1)
Answered by Stephen from Netherlands | Jul. 14, 2016 22:21
Kris, I’m afraid you need to apply for a double-entry one, so you should check two entries. And it costs the same no matter which one you choose.
Related Questions:
Is a visa required for entry into Hong Kong for a cruise then exiting from...
Asked by Diane from Australia
| Aug. 30, 2016 22:33
We are visiting china on a 10 day tour and a 4 day cruise.
Asked by matt from Australia
| Mar. 08, 2017 19:49
Cruise departs Beijing then goes to Shanghai, do we need a single or double...
Asked by B Scott from Australia
| Aug. 07, 2014 02:42
We are finishing a cruise in Shangahi and will be staying on there for tow ...
Asked by Ms.Woolaway from Australia
| Jan. 19, 2010 00:32
I have a single entry 90 day tourism Visa. Can I take the Huangpu river cru...
Asked by Ravi from USA
| Mar. 28, 2014 04:21
Visa for Sanya if visiting on cruise ?
Asked by Sharon from Australia
| Sep. 26, 2016 02:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)