Asked by Miranda Cheng from Australia | Jul. 07, 2016 11:42
About:China Embassy in Italy

Hi, I am an Australian citizen travelling in Italy.

Is it possible for me to obtain a tourist visa for China while travelling in Italy.
Thank you

Answers (4)
Answered by Serena from United Kingdom | Jul. 07, 2016 22:45
Miranda, usually, the residence permit in Italy will be required if you want to apply from there. But you can have a try if you can provide valid entry permit for Italy.
Answered by Miranda | Jul. 08, 2016 03:01
Would you mind explaining how the 144 hour free- entry works?
Answered by Serena | Jul. 08, 2016 03:01
For example, you fly to Shanghai from Australia, after staying there for less than 144 hours, you will fly to HK, and then return to Australia from HK. In this case, you are eligible for the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai. And during the 144 hours, you are allowed to travel around Shanghai, Zhejiang or Jiangsu.
So if you want to use the 144 hour free transit, after staying in PRC, you should make sure that you will not fly back to the last country you fly in, but fly to a third country or region. Please note that the 144 hour policy is only carried out in Shanghai, Zhejiang and Jiangsu currently.
Answered by Miranda | Jul. 08, 2016 19:47
144 hours
Thank you for replying! Okay so for the 144 hours I don't need to apply for this prior to my arrival to Shanghai as long as I have a flight booked to leave Shanghai within 6 days to another country?
Related Questions:
Can i get a tourist visa in May before I leave or is this too early?
Asked by josie from australia
| Apr. 08, 2014 04:08
Do I need visa for transiting in Beijing airport
Asked by Di King from Australia
| May. 03, 2016 03:19
Hi, I am an Australian citizen who holds an Australian passport. I am trav...
Asked by Ms.Suzanne Evans from Australia
| Jun. 14, 2009 01:46
Australian Citizen applying for Chinese Visa while Holidaying in Italy
Asked by Michael from Australia
| Jul. 06, 2015 02:59
Travelling on cruise ship with one day stopover in Xiamen. Is a visa necess...
Asked by Neil from Australia
| Oct. 13, 2014 04:05
Australian citizen travelling to Hong Kong for volunteer work. Am i require...
Asked by Georgina Bray from Australia
| Jan. 08, 2015 02:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)