Asked by Nele Geerts from Belgium | Jun. 30, 2016 06:50
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Belgian visting Shanghai and Hong Kong

I hold a belgian passport and planning to visit both Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Due to airline fares I have two possible scenarios:
1. scenario 1: Belgium-Shanghai (stay 3 days), Shanghai-Hong Kong, Hong Kong-Shanghai (stay again 3 days) and then fly home (Shanghai-Belgium)
Am I eligible for the transit visum for both Shanghai parts or only for the first Shanghai part?
2. Scenario 2: Belgium-Shanghai (stay 6 days), Shanghai-Hong kong, Hong Kong- Belgium
I guess for this I am eligible for the transit visum?

Answers (1)
Answered by Stephen from Italy | Jul. 01, 2016 00:55
Nele, as for scenario 1, you qualify for the 72 hour free transit for both legs of your trip.
As for scenario 2, if you travel like that, you can enjoy the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai.
Thus, you can travel either according to scenario 1 or scenario 2.
Because you hold Belgian passport, you are allowed to enter HK freely for a stay of not exceeding 90 days.
Related Questions:
Which are the best pubs in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong for the western people....
Asked by JJ from China
| Apr. 13, 2015 22:48
I have Indian passport but living in Australia from last 6 yrs, want to vis...
Asked by Ricky from Australia
| Aug. 26, 2014 22:21
i'm belgian with valid visa for china, is this enough when i want to go to ...
Asked by cindy from Singapore
| Sep. 21, 2011 01:15
Do I need a visa to visit Hong Kong, I am a Belgian citizen?
Asked by Martine from Belgium
| Oct. 26, 2011 02:22
I will visit Shanghai and Hong Kong, do I need a separate visa for HK?
Asked by Mr.Tariq Munawar from Pakistan
| Nov. 09, 2010 03:17
Hi we will be visting and staying in Hongkong disney hotel. What would be t...
Asked by Mr.Panis from Philippines
| Aug. 09, 2009 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)