Asked by Bill from Canada | May. 26, 2016 19:25
About:China Visa

Canadian passport - flying to Hong Kong and Qingdao

With just a Canadian passport am I able to fly to Qingdao on 72 hour transit rule and then fly on to Hong Kong to stay for several days? I would have my pre-purchased airline tickets including the one back to Canada. I could go to Hong Kong first and then fly on to Qingdao if that makes any difference.

Another option I'm considering is to fly to Qingdao from Canada and then fly on to Hanoi Vietnam to visit a family member. After the visit with my daughter I would fly to Hong Kong from Vietnam for a few days before flying back home to Canada. Will this satisfy the rules to avoid getting the Visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jim from Austria | May. 26, 2016 21:26
If you fly to Qingdao for less than 72 hours from Canada, and then fly to HK, you can enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Qingdao. No entry permit is needed.

Or if you fly to Qingdao from Canada, and then fly to Vietnam, the 72 hour free transit is also applicable to your situation. You don’t need to apply for the entry permit either.
Related Questions:
do i need to purchase round trip ticket to enter HK?
Asked by Karlyn from Canada
| Jan. 13, 2013 00:48
Does a Canadian visiting mainland China need a HK visa to transit thru HK a...
Asked by Matt from Canada
| Aug. 04, 2015 03:39
Need visa holding HKSAR
Asked by Lina from Canada
| Mar. 14, 2016 22:33
Does one of the 3 countries have to be the country of origin (ie passport)?...
Asked by Canadian1 from Canada
| Nov. 15, 2017 00:48
Overnight in Dalian en route to Honolulu from Hong Kong
Asked by Yvette Wu from Canada
| Dec. 17, 2012 00:55
Do i need a visa to enter China and Hong Kong?
Asked by Denise Shin from Canada
| Oct. 27, 2013 21:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)