Asked by Carlos from Guatemala | May. 24, 2016 20:07
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

Guatemalan application for a Z type visa

I have read the answer from Julia (Ireland). "The first thing is to prepare the required documents including the passport and copy of its data page, the completed application form attached with a passport-sized color photo, the CR residency permit, work permit and an invitation letter from a duly authorized unit in PRC. Your future employer will get you the work permit and invitation letter. "
My company is stuck at the invitation letter part, who extends it?
I got the work license already and now they dont know if the Embassy in Costa Rica should extend this invitation letter and how to apply from the Z visa from PRC.
My residency permit should be Guatemalan? Normally obtained at my city hall?
If there is any email where to get in touch with the Costa Rican Embassy please let me know, the one above isnt working, I'm getting fatal errors from it.
Muchas gracias,

Answers (1)
Answered by Jay from USA | May. 25, 2016 22:24
Carlos, you company can apply for the invitation letter of a duly authorized unit for you from one of the following agencies:
Municipal Foreign Affair Office
Municipal Bureau of Commerce
Foreign Economic Relations & Trade Commission
International Trade Promotion Commission
Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau

If you are Guatemalan citizen and apply for it in Costa Rica, you should provide your residence permit in Costa Rica. Or you valid entry permit there.

E-mail: I found the e-mail at the official website of the embassy of PRC in Costa Rica.
Or you can just give it a call, which will be quicker. Tell: (00506) 22914811, or 22914650
Related Questions:
What is the meaning of Z type in visa application
Asked by Yvonne from Kenya
| Dec. 20, 2016 20:18
Can a Guatemalan passport obtain a 24hour visa exemption
Asked by clara vasquez from Guatemala
| Jul. 21, 2016 02:33
got a X visa can I change it to a Z type
Asked by sandy from Zimbabwe
| Nov. 05, 2016 02:42
obtaining Z visa in China
Asked by Ensabarnur from Jamaica
| May. 30, 2016 03:03
Please advise what documents are required for the application of a z type w...
Asked by Felicity from South Africa
| Mar. 06, 2018 03:30
i am currently having a tourist visa and is it possible to apply for a wor...
Asked by kathy from usa
| Mar. 26, 2016 02:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)