Asked by Shelley from New Zealand | May. 19, 2016 10:46
About:Chinese Consulate in Auckland

Previous visa needed? Flight out of China?

I am travelling to Beijing by train from Mongolia on the 2nd of September, I am travelling with an organized tour company untill I arrive in PRC.

What I would like to know please for when I send in my application -

I visited PRC back in 2005 but have a new passport since then so do I need to supply those previous visa details as I no longer have my old passport? If I do need to supply those details how would I find out about my previous entry permit?

I plan to have all my accommodation and transport booked in advance as I travel across PRC to Myanmar so do I need an invitation letter or will having proof of where I will be staying and a flight or train or bus leaving be enough? Is having a train or bus ticket out of PRC enough or do I need to fly to Myanmar?

I am currently unemployed as I received an inheritance from my father which has enabled me to go travelling so seeing as I have no employment do I need to send proof of my finances to show that I can support myself while visiting PRC?

I plan to apply for my chinese entry permit on the 2nd of June as I know I cannot apply for it before 3 months.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should know or include as I would like to start my travels as soon as I can in June once I receive my Chinese entry permit.

Thank you very much for your time.

Answers (1)
Answered by David from Singapore | May. 20, 2016 01:38
Shelley, you can go to the Frontier Inspection and see if they can provide the certificate of your exit and entry records. IF yes, it can be used as a proof. Otherwise, you’d better contact with the embassy of PRC and see if they can provide any solution to this problem.

If you can provide all the accommodation book record and transportation arrangement, the invitation letter is not needed. You can take a train or bus to Myanmar. It doesn’t have to be flight ticket.

You can provide your bank savings account to prove your financial standing.

You can apply for it on 2nd June, or you can apply for it one month earlier before your trip.

If you receive the entry permit in June, you can start your travel at once.
Related Questions:
Will the airline provide a hotel accommodation for passengers whose waiting...
Asked by Ms.henny from UAE
| Aug. 06, 2010 04:19
Whether Chinese visa is needed when the flight schedule is Dhaka-kunming-Ch...
Asked by ohedul from Bangladesh
| Mar. 11, 2013 21:09
Australian passport holder arriving on a cruise to International Cruise Ter...
Asked by R Baxter from Australia
| May. 30, 2017 20:04
India passport from New Zealand to Delhi via Shanghai. Lay over 15 hours.
Asked by AK Grover from India
| Mar. 30, 2018 01:18
Hello, I previously posted here; asking if I required a 'Return Flight' fo...
Asked by Mr.Barron from Australia
| Apr. 12, 2010 01:13
Like some of the previous travelers I would like to travel from Mongolia in...
Asked by Mr.Ben from The Netherlands
| Oct. 18, 2009 22:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)