Asked by dinie shaw from USA | May. 15, 2016 22:12
About:China Consulate in New York

i need to get a beijing visa

hi i am traveling to beijing for a few days in july.
here are a few questions:
1. what are your hours to come get a visa
2. what documents do i need to bring
3. do i need to make an appointment
4. can i bring a credit or debit card to pay, or do i need to bring cash. and if so, how much cash?
5. is there a phone number to contact the embassy with all my questions?
6. how long does the process take of being in the office?

Answers (1)
Answered by Howard from USA | May. 15, 2016 22:34
Hi there!
1. The consular office is open for submitting applications from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm on weekdays, public holidays excepted.
2. You need to bring your passport, a copy of the passport, a completed application form affixed with your passport size photograph, and round-trip tickets and hotel booking records.
3. You don't need to make an appointment.
4. You can bring a credit or debit card to pay. Cash is not accepted.
5. If you still have questions, call 212-868 2078 to contact the embassy.
6. It takes a short while at the office. Afterwards, you need to wait four working days to get the result.
Related Questions:
I will fly to Beijing and then transfer to Tianjin to get on a cruise ship....
Asked by Henk from Canada
| Jul. 13, 2016 22:30
stay in Beijing for 3 months what kind of visa do I need and what's require...
Asked by Thal from Usa
| Jun. 11, 2016 02:28
can i apply for the visa from shanghai or need to get it from beijing?
Asked by hamza from jordan
| Jun. 23, 2014 04:18
Hanoi to Beijing by train. I need to show a booked ticket to get the Chines...
Asked by Judy from South Africa
| Jan. 29, 2015 18:06
I am a British Citizen flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing
Asked by shaun from United Kingdom
| Nov. 30, 2016 19:02
how long before going to china do i need to get visa
Asked by Mr.leadbetter from australia
| May. 05, 2011 17:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)