Asked by Trang Do from Vietnam | Apr. 26, 2016 23:23
About:China Consulate in Auckland

Regarding transit visa

I have Vietnam passport. I am travelling from Auckland to Hanoi (Vietnam). I will layover in Shanghai for 4hours and in Kunming for 24hours. I will come back to Auckland after 1 month and layover in Kunming for 10hours and in Shanghai for 13hours. So do I need to apply for transit permit? And how much does it cost? Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce from Singapore | Apr. 27, 2016 21:11
Trang, when you travel from Auckland to Hanoi, your total layover time in PRC is more than 24 hours, so you need to apply for a transit G type or tourist L type in advance and it costs NZ$ 60.
When you travel from Hanoi to Auckland, you can enjoy the 24 hour direct transit in PRC, so no visa is needed.
Related Questions:
Regarding 144-hour visa, how many time can you re-entry Beijing using the 1...
Asked by Thanh T Larson from US
| Jan. 31, 2018 03:46
I have US passport from LA traveling to Philippines stopover at Shanghai. P...
Asked by Delia from USA
| Sep. 18, 2018 20:57
Conflicting Information from Tour Operator
Asked by Bryan McCarthy from United Kingdom
| May. 04, 2016 22:08
If I were to travel from Macau to Shanghai and to HK, would that qualify 72...
Asked by Tom from United Kingdom
| Apr. 11, 2015 04:27
hi. im holding cambodia passport and do i requires hongkong visa for a shor...
Asked by eddie from malaysia
| Dec. 16, 2013 03:06
i need some information regarding hong kong should i want to apply...
Asked by Mr.ABDUL from SRI LANKA
| Sep. 29, 2010 22:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)