Asked by Judy from UK | Apr. 21, 2016 10:27
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Transit Visa for 72 hrs arriving at on a Cruise Ship at Shanghai and departing my plane to UK

My husband and I will be cruising in August starting in Seward, Alaska and ending at the port in Shanghai. We will be having 2 full days before leaving on the morning of the third day by plane from Shanghai to the UK. On one of our full days we will be flying internally to see the Terraccota Warriors. Can we do this on the free transit? If so where do we apply for this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Allen from Spain | Apr. 22, 2016 01:12
Judy, considering your situation, you cannot enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Shanghai because you will fly to Xian for a day trip during your transit in Shanghai.
Thus, you need to apply for a transit G type or tourist L type or tourist L type ahead of your trip. You should apply for ti at the consulate general of PRC in San Francisco.
Related Questions:
Is the 72 hours VISA - free transit available for cruise ship passengers ar...
Asked by JD ROLLAND from France
| Feb. 13, 2013 23:07
Arriving by Cruise Ship at Tianjin and leaving from Beijing Airport within ...
Asked by Brian
| May. 30, 2014 02:04
arriving in Beijing and staying for 72 Hours before departing by cruise sh...
Asked by John turner from United Kingdom
| Feb. 03, 2013 21:51
WE are flying into Shanghat airport staying for 72 hrs then boarding a crui...
Asked by john from australia
| Jan. 28, 2018 23:53
Do I need Visa for that?
Asked by Sandra collinson from United Kingdom
| Jul. 25, 2017 20:40
if arriving on a cruise ship but not disembarking is a visa required
Asked by Trevor from United Kingdom
| Apr. 29, 2016 20:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)