Asked by Liz from United States | Apr. 15, 2016 01:22
About:China Consulate in New York

Want 10 year visa but no firm travel plans yet

I am an American Pediatrician living on the island of Saipan. I will be visiting friends in New York city and was going to take the opportunity to apply for a 10 year visa to China, since we sometimes get Chinese tourist patients who get sick and need to have medical accompaniment back home on a flight. Also,I would like to eventually travel in China but do not have any scheduled plans yet. It it possible to get a 10 year visa without firm plans? How long would it take? I will only be in Manhattan for 6 days and would need my passport to travel back home.

Thank you for any information that you can provide!
Baby Doctor in Saipan

Answers (1)
Answered by Robert from Denmark | Apr. 15, 2016 22:32
Liz, if you want to apply for 10-year tourist L type, except the basic documents containing your passport and its copy, and the application form with a passport-style photo attached, you also need to provide the round trip air tickets and hotel reservation, or an invitation letter. In this case, you have to have firm travel plans.
After you submit all the required documents, it usually takes 4 working days.
Related Questions:
Drink driving conviction
Asked by Lyndon from New Zealand
| Dec. 08, 2016 20:42
Do we need the names and addresses of those hotels in order to apply for ou...
Asked by Terry Hosler from USA
| Oct. 14, 2012 02:22
single or double entry visa for cruise
Asked by Kris Bonner from USA
| Jul. 14, 2016 22:21
My boss is traveling to Saipan in the next several months and wants to stop...
Asked by Barbara J. Ongaro from United States
| May. 25, 2017 20:52
American travelling to China via Singapore
Asked by Apatton from USA
| Apr. 06, 2012 21:57
Tourist visa question. Thank you!
Asked by Tatiana from USA
| Jun. 14, 2018 22:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)