Asked by Mr.VALENCHIN0 from NL | Apr. 13, 2016 01:16
About:Marriage Registration in China

Belgian and Chinese marriage register in China

Hello, i am belgian and my girlfriend has a local hukou in Shenzhen. We want to marry, but i need to have a visa to travel to shenzhen for marriage registration. I have been in Hong Kong for more than three months and i am not planning to go back. I can stay legal in hong kong as i have an hk identity card (3 stars). I was told i need to provide documents showing the itinerary including transport record and proof of hotel reservation, etc.

1. How can i apply for the entry permit if i am not planning to go back to Belgium?
2. Do i also need an invitation letter from my girlfriend? And what is needed in the letter?

Thanks alot.

Answers (1)
Answered by Dave from United Kingdom | Apr. 13, 2016 22:53
1. Considering your situation, you can only apply for a tourist L type to PRC to register your marriage there. Because you have a girlfriend in Shenzhen, you can ask her to issue an invitation letter to you, in this case, the round trip tickets and hotel reservation are not required. Afterwards, you can prepare the required documents including your passport and copy of its data page, the application form affixed with a passport-style photo, and the invitation letter from your girlfriend. And then submit your application to the office of the commissioner of the ministry of foreign affairs of PRC in HK SAR to apply for it.
2. You need it from her and inside the letter, your information and travel itinerary should be stated clearly and then she should also state that you will stay with her after entry.
Related Questions:
| Aug. 02, 2012 22:17
international marriage office in shenyang
Asked by rita from Indonesia
| Jan. 14, 2014 04:03
Visa.. I got married here in china with a chinese guy and I'm a filipina
Asked by Nona from Philippine
| Jul. 15, 2018 23:53
Marriage Registration. Hi.. i just married with chinese man at my country. ...
Asked by Nisha from Malaysia
| Dec. 24, 2017 21:20
I got married to a Chinese woman in the uk. how do i register our marriage ...
Asked by Dean Vaughan from uk
| Mar. 06, 2015 02:32
Married in USA, register in China?
Asked by Ken from USA
| Aug. 10, 2017 04:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)