Asked by flyer99 from USA | Apr. 11, 2016 13:01
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Shanghai and Sanya

I am planning on arriving into Shanghai on Sunday and leaving Friday for Sanya. So the 144 hr visa should be good enough for Shanghai. Do I need entry permit for Sanya or can I get VOA? US citizen.

Answers (1)
Answered by Roland from Singapore | Apr. 11, 2016 22:56
If you travel like that, you cannot enjoy the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai because after transiting in Shanghai, you fly to Sanya which is also a part of PRC. But according to the policy, you should fly to a third country or region. Thus, you should apply for a tourist L type ahead if your journey!
Besides, because you hold US passport, you cannot get VOA in Sanya.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)