Asked by Kirby from Sri Lanka | Apr. 05, 2016 23:02
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

British passport citizen living in Sri Lanka

I am a British Citizen who has traveled to China on many occasions for business

I now live in Sri Lanka whilst I work as an expat for a Sri Lankan business.

I have been informed that when living in Sri Lanka, there is a new and specific requirement to applying for a visa? Is this correct?

In the past I have had an invitation letter form the business company in China and filled in an application form. Now I am told that I have to have an official stamp form the Chinese Bureau???

Please help advise,

Many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Jim from Dubai | Apr. 07, 2016 02:45
Kirby, yes, except the invitation letter from your business partner in PRC and other basic documents including your passport, the application and photo, you also need to provide original Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit, company covering letter and recent 3-month bank statement, as well as copy of business registration certificate and your residence permit in Sri Lanka.
Related Questions:
I'm a british citizen living in sri lanka. plan to visit china on business/...
Asked by Mr.Pradeep from UK
| Dec. 26, 2010 22:47
Hong Kong Tourist Visa
Asked by Abhirami from India
| Sep. 06, 2013 02:52
British National living in Sri Lanka do i need a Visa to visit China for 10...
Asked by Quintin Codrington from United Kingdom
| Feb. 27, 2014 03:33
Hello I’m flying from London to Shanghai (staying 3 nights)
Asked by Asa Shaw from England
| Sep. 26, 2018 19:29
I am a US Passport holder living in Sri Lanka. I am travelling to China ne...
Asked by Vish from Sri Lanka
| Oct. 19, 2012 03:14
Do I need a Visa to make a short Business trip to China ?
Asked by Trevor Banks from South Africa
| Mar. 19, 2013 22:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)