Asked by Pratik from India | Mar. 08, 2016 05:25
About:China Private Visit Visa

Is it possible to bring my spouse on tourist visa (L) and then convert it to S1 type

I am from India and about to get my Z type in 1 or 2 weeks. And I want my wife to accompany me when I visit China.
As per my understanding residence permit of Z type holder is required to apply for S1 type, so It is not possible to get Z type and S1 type togather.
But is it possible that my wife comes with me on L type and then converts it in to S1 type after I receive my work permit? Can I process for my wife's S1 from PRC or she must have to return India to get S1 type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ryan from Sweden | Mar. 09, 2016 21:06
Pratik, it is possible, but it may be difficult and not sure to succeed.
I think the best way is to apply for S1 type for your wife when you apply for work Z type.
You can ask your company to issue an invitation letter to your wife, and then prepare the required documents including her passport and copy of its data page, the filled-out application form affixed with a passport-style photo taken recently, the copies of your work Z type application documents, the invitation letter from your company, your marriage certificate, and the invitation letter from you.
Afterwards, submit the application to the CVASC to apply for S1 type.
Related Questions:
Convert to S1 Dependent to Work Z type
Asked by Sandy from India
| Jul. 19, 2017 21:38
hi, i have S2 visa to visit my spouse in china. can i convert this to S1 to...
Asked by jijitsu from China
| Nov. 01, 2017 20:23
Want process for S1 Visa?
| Oct. 08, 2013 02:24
Is it possible to bring my wife on tourist visa and convert to S1 visa, in ...
Asked by Aakash from India
| Nov. 06, 2017 21:17
How I can convert my tourist visa to M type?
Asked by Melody from France
| Jan. 30, 2015 01:13
L to S conversion
Asked by kapil from India
| Mar. 07, 2016 20:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)