Asked by derek from haseldine | Feb. 27, 2016 07:12
About:China Consulate in Zurich

applying for visa to visit china

we are uk citizens transiting switzerland next week. we do not reside/ work in switzerland. can we apply for a chinese entry permit in order to take a cruise to chinese ports (starts and finishes in hong kong) whilst we are staying with our swiss friends? We cannot risk sending our passports away as we have sick people at home and may have to travel at short notice.

Answers (1)
Answered by Nelly from Canada | Feb. 29, 2016 00:51
Hi Derek, if the cruise does not enter mainland PRC, you actually don't need the entry permit because you are eligible for the free-entry policy in Hong Kong. As you only transit in Switzerland, I'm afraid you can't apply from there because you have no residence permit there.
Related Questions:
Do i need invitation letter for family visit when I'm applying China vis...
Asked by Abdullahi from USA
| Apr. 21, 2015 21:45
Am a Ghanaian passport holder schooling in china. can i visit macao without...
Asked by nana yaw from Ghana
| Jan. 12, 2017 19:25
For applying a Visa to China for an Official Visit with an Fiji Passport wh...
Asked by Asenaca Kevu from Fiji
| Sep. 12, 2013 21:28
Do I need a bank statement for applying visit visa to go China?
Asked by Tilak from Nepal
| Nov. 01, 2015 19:08
I want to visit china , what would be the process for applying the visa. ...
Asked by Mr.Khalid Butt from Pakistan
| Sep. 15, 2010 03:10
Can I visit Guangzhou for 3 days without applying for a visa? British trave...
Asked by Lola from United Kingdom
| Nov. 06, 2014 20:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)