Asked by Eleanor from USA | Feb. 18, 2016 21:14
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Travel from US to China and Taiwan by US residents, 72 hour visa free transit

We plan to fly from Chicago to Guangzhou (via Beijing) and then from Guangzhou to Taipei. Do we need to apply 72 hour free transit? If yes, where is the place for this request, Guangzhou or Beijing? On the way back to the U.S., we plan to travel Guangzhou 2-3 days. Can we use the 72 hour free transit to stay?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kris from Singapore | Feb. 19, 2016 01:01
Eleanor, I’m sorry, you are not eligible for the 72 hour transit because you stop in two Chinese cities, but in principle, you can only stop in one. So you should apply for an entry permit in advance.
When you are on the way back to US, if you fly to Guangzhou from Taiwan, and then fly back to US, you can use the 72 hour free transit in Guangzhou.
Related Questions:
USA - Hong Kong - Mongolia - Bejing - Hong Kong - USA
Asked by becky from USA
| Apr. 18, 2018 16:51
Traveling by train from Hong Kong
Asked by Mark from USA
| Mar. 01, 2014 02:54
I have a US passport. If I depart from Narita to go to Beijing, can I use 7...
Asked by Chris from USA
| Jan. 01, 2016 19:51
VISA free visit to SZ
Asked by Ac from Usa
| Apr. 16, 2017 10:03
US Citizen from Seoul-Beijing-Taiwan-Seoul
Asked by SN from USA
| Apr. 04, 2014 01:24
Is the 72 hr Visa available if I fly from LAX (US) and then return to LAX w...
Asked by BN from United States
| Sep. 12, 2013 22:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)