Asked by Jowi from Netherlands | Feb. 13, 2016 10:23
About:China Work Visa

Work visa at for 5 month 'internship' with an artist

Hello all,

I live in The Netherlands and have the opportunity to come to Beijing for 6 months to complete an 'internship' with an artist living there. I will also need a double entry since I will be leaving to Malaysia for a short trip. I visited the CVASC in The Hague who told me I must have a work Z type, seeing as I will be staying for a long time. I was wondering how I could qualify for an F type seeing as my visit is on a non-commercial basis and basically a cultural exchange!

Thank you in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Elva from USA | Feb. 14, 2016 03:14
Jowi, generally speaking, F type is issued to those who conduct cultural exchanges in schools or government-related organizations. As you will work for an individual, I think it's hard to get the F type. Though your internship is unpaid, the CVASC may require you to apply for a working Z type. It's just what they do to many applicants who are doing internship in PRC.
Related Questions:
Which visa should I apply for an internship in the arts in Beijing
Asked by jojo from Netherlands
| Feb. 12, 2016 00:11
I need a z visa for working as a makeup artist
Asked by Nabila from Algeria
| Feb. 11, 2018 19:41
Visa. which type of visa should i apply for? X2, M/F or Z? Or something oth...
Asked by Alicia from Singapore
| Apr. 22, 2018 21:15
From X-type to F-type
Asked by Salla Sorsa from Finland
| Jun. 09, 2016 21:52
Is city in the mountain a real place or the work of an artist?
Asked by Ms.Joyce Casebolt from USofA
| Feb. 14, 2011 19:04
Is a specialist mural artist eligible for a work permit in China
Asked by Noel Smith from Australia
| Oct. 19, 2013 02:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)