Asked by sajid from Saudi Arabia | Jan. 28, 2016 22:01
About:China Private Visit Visa

stay restriction on Z and S1 visas

i am a canadian engineer and will be going to a PRC for short term assignment (7/8 months). my wife and son will join me on S1. i have been told that the Z &S1 types are single entry. does it mean that during the stay we cannot get out of PRC and if we travel outside PRC, then fresh Z and S1 types have to requested/issued? It sounds very strange. please confirm.

Answers (1)
Answered by Simon from France | Jan. 31, 2016 00:56
Sajid, you have some misunderstanding on this issue I think. You are right that the Z and S1 types are only for a single entry. However, please note that you can get a residence permit after you enter China. The residence permit allows you to travel outside and back within its validity. So actually you don't need to apply for new Z and S1 types.
Related Questions:
Total Days allowed
Asked by Leong from Singapore
| May. 08, 2018 22:00
I am holding a Vietnamese passport, how do i apply visa to Hong Kong and Ma...
Asked by Kim from Singapore
| Apr. 01, 2014 03:19
Caves in Yanan
Asked by Frank from USA
| Mar. 19, 2012 04:41
Short stay in shanghai before and after cruise, do we need visas? Australia...
Asked by Garry from Australia
| May. 13, 2013 22:07
Hello, I would like to travel through China
Asked by Jelle from Belgium
| Feb. 28, 2017 20:29
Are there special prices for visas for only 2 weeks or less stay in China f...
Asked by Phathie from Zimbabwe
| Jun. 07, 2017 22:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)