Asked by mimi from vietnam | Jan. 04, 2016 03:44
About:China Tourist Visa

do we need a transit visa for flight transfer?

We plan to fly from HCMC, Vietnam to Jeju, Korea with China Eastern via Shanghai Pu Dong Airport T1. Do we need to have a transit entry permit to take another flight from the same terminal to JeJu? In my previous experience at Beijing airport, international transit passengers need to get their luggage and then re-check in again. Do we need to do the same in Shanghai Pu dong airport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Bates from United Kingdom | Jan. 04, 2016 20:37
Mimi, if you transit in Shanghai for less than 24 hours, you don’t need to apply for transit G type because you can use the 24 hour direct transit. As for your luggage, you’d better contact with the airline and see if your luggage will be delivered to the destination directly. If not, I’m afraid you need to do the same in Shanghai Pudong airport.
Related Questions:
Urgent, thanks for your help
Asked by Krishna das from Indian
| Jun. 19, 2015 02:37
leaving cruise ship in shanghai with a transfer to airport to board flight ...
Asked by B. Smith from USA
| May. 24, 2016 04:37
We are travelling Bangkok to Calgary Canada via Kunming with layover - visa...
Asked by Emily Smith from Canada
| Oct. 12, 2017 22:21
With Philippine passport, I'll purchase ticket from hongkong to Canada with...
Asked by Jejie Esguerra from Hong Kong
| Nov. 23, 2015 03:54
Arriving in Shanghai on cruise
Asked by Debbie from USA
| Aug. 22, 2016 02:42
Can you leave the airport with in the 24 hour period if you have a direct t...
Asked by lisa from USA
| Jan. 06, 2016 02:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)