Asked by Cat from USA | Dec. 14, 2015 22:38
About:China Embassy in South Korea

X1 Visa for American Citizen

I'm an American that needs to apply for an X1 type into China. What is required for this, can this be done from the Chinese embassy in Korea and how long does the process take? There is no embassy in the state in which I live and I have a stopover in Korea that I'd like to plan accordingly to take care of this if possible. Thanks in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Nathalie from Germany | Dec. 15, 2015 20:04
Dear Cat, as you mentioned above, you just have a stopover in Korea, so I’m afraid your application may not be accepted. But you can have a try. And the application is not submitted to the embassy, but to the CVASC.
If your application is accepted, the requirements can be shown as follows: your passport and its photocopy, the application form attached with a recent bareheaded color photo, the admission letter from a PRC university, and JW201 OR JW202 form. For applicant from third countries, ARC card might be needed.
It will take 4 working days.
Related Questions:
Do American citizen need visa for china?
Asked by Banu from USA
| Mar. 31, 2014 02:27
do American Citizen need visa to travel to Macau?
Asked by emily from USA
| Aug. 01, 2013 21:40
If I fly from Taipei to Shanghai back to Taipei, do I qualify for the 72 ho...
Asked by wally from taiwan
| May. 12, 2015 20:45
can an american citizen apply for a china visa in islamabad
Asked by syed alishah from U.S
| Oct. 20, 2013 02:09
If you are american citizen do you need a tourist visa ???
Asked by Fred from America
| Jan. 26, 2012 02:58
Can an American Citizen get a Chinese Visa in India?
Asked by Randy McIntosh from USA
| Sep. 21, 2012 00:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)