Asked by w from Panama | Dec. 08, 2015 14:22
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

Hi, I am am Swiss citizen living in Panama planning a trip to china (Tibet, shanghai, Beijing)

how can I apply for a visa from here in Panama? Many thanks, wp

Answers (2)
Answered by Susan from China | Dec. 09, 2015 01:42
First, you need to prepare a set of application documents, including your passport, a photocopy of the passport's data page, the original and photocopy of your residence permit in Panama, a filled-out application form attached with a recently-taken color bare bareheaded photo, and round trip tickets and hotel reservations. Then submit the documents to the embassy there. Note that you had better not mention your intention to travel to Tibet. After entering China, you need to get a Tibet Travel Document from a local authorized travel agency. Otherwise, you may not book the train ticket or flight ticket to Tibet.
Answered by w from Panama | Dec. 09, 2015 17:28
great many thanks for your answer and good to know that I can obtain the permit to travel to Tibet once I arrive to china. Went to Chinese embassy today and to obtain a visa here in Panama is very cumbersome. Not only they need 7 days but they also require a bank reference letter, bank statements and also an employment letter, all addressed to the Chinese embassy. Its easier to obtain it when I go to Switzerland for Christmas holidays, many thanks for your help!
Related Questions:
I am a Swiss citizen, living in Panama. How can I get a visa for China?
Asked by Andreas Steiner from Panama
| Mar. 01, 2015 20:37
Swiss citizen traveling in Asia apply China visa in south Korea.
Asked by Mike from South Korea
| Jun. 12, 2011 20:03
Dear Mr Ambassador, I am an Australian Citizen living in Panama. I have ai...
Asked by Ms.Dianne Heidke from Australia
| Nov. 26, 2010 01:15
Is it possible to get chinese visa the same day?
Asked by Nora from Switzerland
| May. 17, 2013 01:51
Applying visa to enter China in Costa Rica
Asked by Brent from Panama
| Sep. 19, 2014 01:31
hi, I am Swiss citizen living and working in New Zealand and I need to visi...
Asked by Mr.Rolf from New Zealand
| Jul. 28, 2010 02:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)