Asked by LK from US | Nov. 15, 2015 16:17
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Any potential problems with Chinese visa application from a China born, US citizen?

My husband was born in PRC, left to live in Hong Kong when he was one, and later immigrated to US when he was 9. His American passport states he was born in PRC. He has never visited PRC and never held any PRC passport. Looking at the application Form (for tourist), would he be asked to produce a former PRC passport, which he does not have? Would he encounter problems with his application, then? We are thinking of joining a group tour to PRC.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mike from New Zealand | Nov. 17, 2015 02:42
LK, I think the officer will ask for his passport. I believe he should at least have a HK SAR passport. If not, how could he enter the US? So even though he can't provide the PRC passport, his HK SAR passport will be required for submission during the application process.
Related Questions:
​How to get a China visa while in Hong Kong for former Chinese national who...
| Jun. 06, 2014 04:25
i want to know the chinese visa fee and how much i pay for it?
Asked by nhia sher vang from USA
| Mar. 02, 2015 19:59
I am a US citizen born in HONG KONG, is there any different requrement to g...
Asked by Allan Lee from USA
| Jan. 01, 2016 21:08
Chinese Visa from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
| Mar. 06, 2015 03:37
Tourist Visa to China first time application, very confuse. Born in China n...
Asked by Teresa from United States
| Aug. 18, 2011 02:54
born in Hong Kong and do not have old passport
Asked by Ellen from USA
| Apr. 06, 2013 21:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)