Asked by Kathy from Philippines | Nov. 14, 2015 18:59
About:China Visa Fees

Overstayed in Shanghai


I would like to ask some information. i have been over stayed for almost 3 years and been caught by national security from place Were i used to live and everything what i have has been left inside that place but its been promised after i finished my detention I just need to pay some amount and I can get it all back and after i did what they have ask I still don't get any and again a month and 1 week overstayed again and no place to go and I don't even know who to trust coz after my detention a lot of personal things I brought with me before detention when I come out was also lost and now I don't even know who to tell or complain I'm really in bad sittuation here I hope to find way soon .... Thank you !...

Answers (4)
Answered by Adam from USA | Nov. 15, 2015 03:27
Well, Kathy, I think you can go to the Philipplines embassy or consulate which is nearest to you and seek for help.
Answered by Tamara from Slovenia | Mar. 19, 2019 23:57
Hi, I would like to ask you some questions about your detention experience in Shanghai. My boyfriend was taken there today for 15 days for overstaying one year. We will leave China after he comes out. But they told me I can’t even visit him... Can you tell me how was in there? Do they provide basic things? How is the food?
Answered by Ulysses | Mar. 20, 2019 01:14
Kathy, don't expect any sympathy from your Embassy, or anyone else. You overstayed for THREE years, and you must face the consequences. You deserve everything you get.
Answered by John Doe | Mar. 28, 2019 22:01
There are no conjucal visits for people who are detained no matter how long it is. Most detentions are short and the condition is marginally better than jail, but don't expect hotel-like treatments.
Related Questions:
For overstayed foreigners
Asked by Bella from India
| Jul. 26, 2015 22:19
Overstayed in china
Asked by Red wine from Indonesia
| Feb. 14, 2016 21:41
I hold a British Passport. I overstayed my visa for 4 days before coming to...
Asked by Lucy from United Kingdom
| Jun. 26, 2015 02:22
overstay in china for one year
Asked by Divine from Nigeria
| Nov. 06, 2018 19:03
Overstayed last year, can i get a working visa now?
Asked by Mikael from Sweden
| Jan. 24, 2015 21:51
overstaying in china with expired passport
Asked by marian
| Mar. 30, 2015 02:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)