Asked by Andrew from Canada | Oct. 05, 2015 15:21
About:China Private Visit Visa

I am applying for Z Visa and my Wife will be applying for an S1.

The problem is we are waiting for our marriage certificate to come in the mail. It is my understanding the invitation letter for my visa is only valid for 1 month from issue date - so if we don't receive the certificate soon, I'll need to go ahead on my own to meet timelines required by my employer.
So my questions are
1.) Am I right that it will be smoother to apply for Z & S1 together?
2.) If she ends up applying separately, will I need my temporary residence permit before I can bring her over? Or will a copy of my Z application still be sufficient? If I do have to wait for temp residency how long (ballpark) will it take before I am at the stage where she can come over?

Answers (1)
Answered by Amy from Sweden | Oct. 11, 2015 01:38
Andrew, marriage certificate is a must for S1 type. If you can get it before you submit your application, you might try to apply Z and S1 together. According to the rule, your invitation letter, copies of your passport information page and resident permit are required. However, some people did apply both successfully at a time. Therefore, I suggest you give it a try but I can't ensure that you can apply both successfully.
Related Questions:
Type of Visa for the spouse
Asked by Pratik from India
| Aug. 18, 2016 21:25
Work and S1 visa together
Asked by Shafiq from Pakistan
| Jan. 16, 2018 02:35
Wife travelling with me, how can I apply her entry permit?
Asked by Tahir from United Kingdom
| Jul. 21, 2015 04:51
Notarised documents
Asked by Emilia from Uk
| Jul. 08, 2016 22:41
Need information on S2 Visa and residence permit
Asked by suyash from India
| Jun. 02, 2016 21:21
S visa along with Z type
Asked by Tom from India
| Oct. 22, 2015 01:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)