Asked by finnavear from Canada | Sep. 23, 2015 02:53
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

Canadian applying for tourist visa in HK

I'm a Canadian citizen and am thinking of applying for a Chinese tourist L type in Hong Kong. I recently moved to the UK and the costs here for getting PRC entry permits are horrendously high.

I've done lots of visa runs in HK in the past (when I was living in PRC) but heard that in the last couple years non-residents of Hong Kong cannot get a PRC entry permit in Hong Kong. Is this true? Will I be turned down if I show up at that office and apply for a single entry tourist L type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivien from Italy | Sep. 24, 2015 03:15
Yes, according to the latest regulations, if foreigners don't have HK residency, they cannot apply for mainland PRC entry permits from there. However, you can try your luck at the office or hire an agency to help you. Many foreigners still managed in getting it from HK.
Related Questions:
What are the document required for applying as tourist for hk?
Asked by Mycel from Philippines
| Mar. 23, 2016 22:07
Application of Police Clearance made outside HK
Asked by Leah from Philippines
| Jul. 19, 2011 02:59
If I am a Canadian citizen applying for a tourist visa to China, do I have ...
Asked by Lea MacFarloane from Canada
| Feb. 15, 2012 00:48
Is a copy of previous visas required for everyone?
Asked by Rachel from Canada
| Mar. 01, 2016 20:47
as a canadian do i need a tourist visa
Asked by ronald miller from Canada
| Feb. 15, 2015 01:15
I'm a senior citizen and former Hong Kong resident now living in Canada. I ...
Asked by Mrs.Liang from Canada
| Jul. 04, 2010 23:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)