Asked by Anthony from China | Sep. 18, 2015 08:33
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Have a residence permit (X1 visa) for 3 years issued in one city

So,I have a student X1 for 3 years (guess that's a residence permit) that has been issued in one city, and I want to rent an apartment in another city (Shanghai). I know that when you rent an apartment you need to go to the local police station and register with your address and bring your passport with you. Will it be a problem if they see that my resident permit is issued in a different city but I want to live in this city? Also, what other forma do I have to bring to the police station when registering my new apartment?

Thanks in advance,

Answers (1)
Answered by Andy from Hong Kong | Sep. 18, 2015 22:37
Anthony, I am afraid that you need to renew your resident permit. According to the related regulation, you need to visit the local entry and exit management bureau in your current city to register for renewal. After you arriving in Shanghai, you should do the renewal in 10 days.

When you apply for temporary accommodation registration within 24 hours in Shanghai, you should bring your lease contract and passport. It's possible that the apartment owner need to present himself at the police station. He'd better bring his Chinese ID.
Related Questions:
Checking for residence permit requirements
Asked by ARTWELL MAREYA from China
| Oct. 08, 2016 20:04
Exit and Reentry into china for residence permit holder
Asked by mac from Australia
| Feb. 08, 2014 20:33
travel visa & x1 type
Asked by len from Australia
| Apr. 14, 2015 22:45
student with x1 visa. Without residence permit.
Asked by Hayk from Russia
| Dec. 26, 2016 21:25
Romy from Mauritius
Asked by Romy from Mauritius
| Jul. 13, 2015 22:58
X1 visa number of entries
Asked by Antoinette from France
| Aug. 04, 2015 22:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)