Asked by NINOMV | Sep. 13, 2015 23:29
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Australian residence with Vietnamese passport visa requirements for HK SAR and MACAU

I am planning to visit Hong Kong and Macau on our Asia Holiday with my wife from Vietnam on 01/11/2015 to 09/11/2015.
I have an Australian passport and my wife has a Vietnamese passport and we are currently applying for her PR in Australia. Can you please advise:

1. Do I have to apply for my wife's HK and Macao visas at the Chinese Consulate in Camperdown ?
2. What is the fees for these 2 entry permits?
3. What other documents besides return airfare tickets, hotel confirmations and planned itinery are requried ?
4. How long does it take to process the two documents?

Thank you in advance.


Answers (1)
Answered by Selena from United Kingdom | Sep. 15, 2015 22:24
Hi Nino.
1. You have to apply for your wife's entry permit for Macau from the consulate which has jurisdiction over your residence district. As for the HK entry permit, you can either apply from the consulate or directly from the HK Immigration Department.
2. The fee for Macau entry permit is 30 dollars. If the application is to be sent to Macau, you need to pay extra 20 dollars. The fee for HK entry permit is the same as Macau if you apply from the consulate too. If you apply through HK Immigration Department, the fee is HKD 190.
3. Apart from the documents you mentioned, you need to provide your wife's passport copy, application form, recent passport style photo, and a financial standing proof.
4. If the consular office can deal with the application, it only takes four working days. However, if the applications are sent to HK and Macau respectively, it takes four to six weeks to process the HK entry permit and three weeks to process the Macao entry permit.
Related Questions:
I am Australian permanent residence with Ethiopian passport. Do I need visa...
Asked by Samuel Kelecha from Australia
| Dec. 28, 2015 19:01
Chinese passport Australian Permanent Residence visit Macau
Asked by Vivien from Australia
| Aug. 28, 2013 03:54
travel to maucau with visit visa hk?
Asked by Huy from Vietnam/Germany
| Oct. 26, 2015 21:45
I wish to trasvel to macau with my fiance' I have an Australian passport an...
Asked by Mr.COlin from Australia
| Jan. 10, 2010 04:15
Tourist for Australian permanent resident with vietnamese passport to Hong ...
Asked by Jeny from Australia
| Jun. 05, 2015 22:52
hi,just want to ask what requirements are needed for australian passport ho...
Asked by danny from Philippines
| Oct. 08, 2012 04:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)