Asked by Laura from France | Aug. 24, 2015 13:16
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Travel to Australia before residence permit


I have a visa Z which is 1 entry but I need to go to Australia for business 12 days after my arrival in Shanghai.

The agent in charge of my case told me it will be too short in time for me to have the residence permit but I will have a paper notifying the application was made and that my physical check was done.

Can I go to Australia and re-enter China if I apply for a L visa in Australia even though my residence permit isn't issued?

I've seen above something about a "temporary residence permit" how can you get this?

Thank you very much

Answers (1)
Answered by Martina from Austria | Aug. 25, 2015 03:59
Laura, if you want to go to Australia, you have to get your passport back from the exit & entry administration bureau, right? By doing so, I'm afraid the department will not issue your the residence permit for you. Once you leave before the residence permit is issued, your Z type will expire. You can apply an L type in Australia, but you may need to change the L type into a Z type within mainland or apply for a new Z type outside China.
Related Questions:
Can I travel on my Z Visa before I get the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Muse from USA
| Jun. 29, 2015 20:59
Getting a tourist visa (in home country) before expiration date on residenc...
Asked by Ase from USA
| Jun. 27, 2017 04:53
Transit visa obtained at home or in china?
Asked by lisa dee from australia
| Oct. 13, 2015 02:12
Multi Entry Z Visa
Asked by Amit from India
| Jul. 23, 2018 01:47
Beijing office is effectively holding my passport
Asked by Steve G from Australia
| Oct. 13, 2014 04:31
Can I work on a Z visa before obtaining the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Mamahuhu
| Jan. 11, 2015 01:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)