Asked by Kristal from USA | Aug. 21, 2015 23:33
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

is it possible to cancel my X2 then apply for a tourist visa (preferably one year)?

I came to China for studies. I applied to the school through an agency and having since arrived there have been many difficulties including information being lost in translation. I'm here on an X1 and currently in the process of getting my X2. However, I came on the basis that I would receive a full scholarship. Recently I have found out that this in fact is not the case. I do not have the funds to pay for my fees right now, thus I'd like to cancel my X1 and remain as a tourist. If allowed to stay, I will reside with a friend, financially depend on my family and like to learn Mandarin in the meantime. I can provide proof of address and bank statements of recent transactions from my family in the U.S.

Answers (1)
Answered by Henry from Spain | Aug. 23, 2015 01:34
Kristal, it's possible to change your X2 to an L type at the local exit and entry administration, but the L type cannot be valid for one year. In most cases, it's only valid for a month.
Related Questions:
Apply for tourist visum while in Japan.
Asked by Elle from Netherlands
| Jan. 18, 2016 19:55
X2 visa to X1 visa
Asked by Mike from England
| Aug. 14, 2018 19:04
Will I be able to change visa status?
Asked by Lolo from USA
| Apr. 01, 2014 01:24
switching X2 one-entry to X2 multi-entries
Asked by Pier from Italy
| Jul. 06, 2014 02:45
is it possible to apply for an S2 visa if my spouse only has a short term X...
Asked by Azoo from South africa
| Feb. 23, 2017 00:54
Getting new visa without using the previous one?
Asked by Ray from netherlands
| Dec. 17, 2015 21:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)