Asked by Mentor from China | Aug. 21, 2015 17:45
About:China Visa

Exit entry bureau posted a notice online that they revoked my (working) resident permit

I resigned from work and my employer reported me to the exit entry bureau. My new employer is willing to process a new permit for me. Exit entry bureau posted a notice online that they revoked my resident permit. Can they revoke my (working) resident permit without my passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Nick from Iceland | Aug. 21, 2015 21:41
Mentor, since you already ended the contract with your previous employer, they were able to report to the bureau that you weren't their employee. You should understand that your resident permit was acquired due to your previous employer. After they reported the situation to the bureau, the bureau has the right to cancel your resident permit.

What you should do now is to visit the entry and exit bureau in the city where your new employer is settled at and require to apply for a temporary L type. Then you can stay legally. However, I don't know if you are able to apply for the new Z type and resident permit without leaving. Please consult with the bureau too.
Related Questions:
Son Born in China Holding Malaysia Passport - Leaving for Malaysia & Return...
Asked by Kevin How from China
| Jan. 13, 2013 02:14
Visa Z to Work permit
Asked by E from Sweden
| Jul. 24, 2018 18:58
Importance of Canceling a Residence Permit?
Asked by Samuel from USA
| Dec. 23, 2013 20:20
How can I obtain a family reunion resident permit for up to 5 years.
| Dec. 05, 2013 01:39
The 'Exit and Entry Permit' for my two children
Asked by Wu Di from Saudi
| Nov. 20, 2011 21:52
I am really confused for lost passport in China
Asked by mike from china
| Oct. 18, 2017 13:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)