Asked by Hong from Cambodia | Aug. 18, 2015 00:21
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

X1 visa, travel to multiple places in China first before go to school.

I am holding X1 student type, and my registration day at school is 11th September. However, I will travel on 20th August and plan to travel to multiple places and stay in hotels before I move to my dorm in campus on 09th September. Do I need to do registration at police office during my stay in hotel? Is it too late for me to apply for resident permit after my registration day on 11th September? My university is located in Shanghai.

Answers (1)
Answered by Irene from Denmark | Aug. 19, 2015 04:34
Hong, if you stay in a hotel, the hotel will register at the police station for you. You don't have to do it by yourself. I do think it's too late to apply after Septemeber 11th. You know, to apply for it, you have to get a physical examination record first at a designated hospital. It takes a fews days to wait for the medical result. Then you need seven working days for processing the residence permit. Therefore, I strongly suggest you apply for the residence permit as soon as possible after you enter.
Related Questions:
travel visa & x1 type
Asked by len from Australia
| Apr. 14, 2015 22:45
Is the X1 considered a multiple entryway visa?
Asked by Mercy from Malaysia
| Jul. 23, 2018 01:58
Romy from Mauritius
Asked by Romy from Mauritius
| Jul. 13, 2015 22:58
Tourist visas changed to Student X1 and Spouse S1 visas inland
Asked by Aaron from USA
| Apr. 23, 2018 01:57
Hi, I am planning to visit China coming February. I will fly from Singapore...
Asked by Ms.Maggie from Malaysian
| Jul. 12, 2010 01:00
registration for my course is in February but i want to enter china early 3...
Asked by chipo from Zimbabwe
| Dec. 05, 2016 20:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)