Asked by Margaret Brandau from USA | Jul. 15, 2015 11:51
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

What type of VISA does he need? Thank you.

My son has been in China on a student type. He is on vacation in Thailand and coming home to the USA through China. He also left some of his belongings in Chengdu. His flight is leaving Thailand with a connection in Kunming to Chengdu. The following day he leaves for the states, Chengdu with a connection in Beijing to Chicago, USA.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mason from USA | Jul. 15, 2015 14:40
He would not be able to do the 72 free transit, because he would have to go Thailand - China - USA. But since he is go to different places, he would have to get Type F = Issued to those who intend to go there for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
Related Questions:
If my friend is an American and want to visit China but He is currently on ...
Asked by Jm from Philippines
| Jan. 09, 2017 19:48
My friend booked the flight ticket from 2017-3-16 to 2017-6-15,
| Mar. 02, 2017 21:04
I am Kadek from Bali. My boss wants to go to Guangzhou, China next week.
Asked by Kadek from Indonesia
| Oct. 11, 2016 22:18
I am Bernard from Ghana, please i want to study and work for 4-5 years in C...
Asked by Bernard from Ghana
| Apr. 13, 2017 04:40
Dear Chinese embassy, I am citizen of Slovak republic. Next year I will wo...
Asked by Mr.Richard from Slovakia
| Nov. 25, 2009 04:12
Guatemala passport holder studies in USA will travel to China/Hong Kong/Mac...
Asked by Yu
| Apr. 07, 2015 22:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)