Asked by Yuki from USA | Jun. 22, 2015 20:45
About:China Consulate in New York

Change last name on passport

I am a Chinese citizen and I received my Permanent Residency through marriage. My green card has my husband's last name yet my Chinese passport still has my maiden's name. I tried calling the Consulate but nobody seemed to answer the phone.
My question is, I live in Georgia right now, and do I have to go to NY Consulate personally to change my last name on my passport? Can I get it done through mail, or go to Texas Consulate?

Secondly, how long will it take for this process. Is it walk-in and can be done at the same day or I have to stay in NY/ TX for a week for my passport for such process?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Sean from United Kingdom | Jun. 23, 2015 01:18
Hi Yuki! You have to do it in the Texas consulate in person. No appointment is required, but you can make an appointment through the website of the consulate to save your time. The process takes four working days. If you apply for the urgent service, you can get it done on the same day.
Related Questions:
Can I change my first name?
Asked by Misheel Moxiyele from China
| Aug. 05, 2015 04:14
Hi good day. I am going to take a 4 day trip to hk with my new passport.
Asked by marilyn adriano from macao
| Sep. 26, 2014 21:54
US Passport & Taiwan expired passport
Asked by Pei from USA
| Mar. 27, 2014 01:58
Macau Passport
Asked by JoMarie from USA
| Feb. 26, 2016 01:47
Do I need to Change my marraige name to my Chinese Passport
Asked by Annie from USA
| Jan. 02, 2013 01:55
Hello, I moved here from Hong Kong and married, after I got married my last...
Asked by Mrs.Lanter
| Aug. 27, 2010 22:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)