Asked by Sandra Patrick from Canada | May. 13, 2015 16:12
About:China Consulate in Vancouver

My son is marrying a Chinese national in BC, what do we do to get the marriage recognized in China?

This summer my son and his fiancee , a Chinese national, are coming to BC to get married in July. They want to know what needs to be done to make the marriage legal in PRC. They heard something about getting the marriage certificate notarized and take it to the Chinese consulate, but they will not be here for very long this summer. Can we send the certificate to them and they take it somewhere over there? or does it have to be done before they go back?

Answers (1)
Answered by Zack from Norway | May. 13, 2015 22:49
Sandra, the marriage certificate should have been firstly notarized by a local notary public, lawyer or Commissioner of Oaths of Canada, and then authenticated by the authentication office of the relevant province.

The proceess must be conducted in Canada. If your son has no time to do this when he is in Cadana, it's OK. You can help him to go through all these processes by providing the original and photocopy of both your passports. After the Authentication is done, you can send him the authentication certificate.
Related Questions:
How do you get a wedding in Canada between a Canadian and Chinese national...
Asked by Sandra Patrick from Canada
| May. 08, 2015 21:39
Appropriate engagement gift for girl from Beijing from mother-in-law
Asked by Mary Logan from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2014 22:03
My son (US CITIZEN) marrying Chinese girlfriend
Asked by Jeannie from United States
| Mar. 19, 2016 03:51
Presents for Chinese brides parents?
Asked by Marilyn from US
| Dec. 15, 2015 01:35
How do I get my marriage certificate authenicated?
Asked by Rani Cheung from USA
| Jan. 29, 2013 00:19
I am marrying my Chinese fiancee in China this spring. I do have the certif...
Mr.SQUARETOOTH from United States
| Feb. 08, 2011 22:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)