Asked by Sandra Patrick from Canada | May. 07, 2015 01:34
About:Marriage Registration in China

How do you get a wedding in Canada between a Canadian and Chinese national recognized in China?

My son, a Canadian, plans on marrying a Chinese national this summer. She already has her visa to come over. What needs to be done to make the marriage legal in PRC?

Answers (1)
Answered by Fay from Italy | May. 08, 2015 21:39
Sandra, if they want to make their marriage legal in PRC, then they should register their marriage at local Civil Affairs Bureau. I suggest that they register before they go on the procedure in Canada. If they register their marriage certificate in Canada first, then they will have trouble registering their marriage in PRC.

The required document for your son:
1. his passport with valid entry permit.
2. single certificate. It should be notarized and certified by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Then he needs to have it authenticated by Chinese embassy/consulate. After he enters PRC, he is required to notarize the authenticated marriage certificate and translate it into Chinese version.

Your daughter in law is required to submit her Chinese ID card and Household Registration Book.
Related Questions:
how do you pick a wedding date in chinese culture
Asked by Sheila from USA
| Oct. 19, 2014 22:54
How do you travel in Guangzhou Chimelong Tourist Resort between Safari Park...
Asked by Genveive from USA
| Mar. 21, 2017 22:44
i am a nigerian how can i apply for hong kong business visa
Asked by JOHN Chukwujekwu okeke from Nigeria
| Dec. 10, 2014 21:11
i would want to go to china for business , how do i get to meet suppliers o...
Asked by Mrs.chimuti
| Jul. 31, 2009 04:35
Baggage transit at PEK
Asked by K Munro from Canada
| Jan. 31, 2016 00:49
Where Is My Item?Tracking number is RC151284539CN and when do you think I'm...
Asked by momo from Canada
| May. 18, 2014 00:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)