Asked by Brenda from USA | Apr. 22, 2015 15:23
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Are two separate visas needed for a cruise tour of Hong Kong and Xiamen?

I checked the USA embassy's website to download the applications and noticed four forms are listed: two mentioning application form and application for entry/transit in Hong Kong.

My group's first stop in mainland China will be Hong Kong then Xiamen the very next day. Also, 3 travelers in our group have previously obtained Chinese ones for a different cruise tour in the past few years. Will this have any bearing on having to obtain another one for this this trip?

Answers (1)
Answered by Victoria from Poland | Apr. 23, 2015 05:06
Hi Brenda, the entry permit for Hong Kong is different from that for mainland. However, as you have US passport, you do not need the entry permit for Hong Kong as long as your stay there does not exceed 90 days. So you just need to apply an entry permit for mainland.

Having obtained Chinese mainland entry permits in the past will not hinder them from the application, but the consular officer may ask them to submit copies of the previous entry permits.
Related Questions:
What visas are needed for China tour? I would be originally departing from ...
Asked by Mr.Robert from United States
| Jun. 04, 2009 11:23
Arriving Tianjin via cruise ship, overnight hotel stay with tour, departing...
Asked by Kathleen from USA
| Feb. 21, 2017 20:56
I will working in china for approx one year as a volunteer with a program t...
Asked by Susan from USA
| Jun. 10, 2014 02:52
do you need a visa for mainland China and also Hong Kong?
Asked by Pam Weber from USA
| Dec. 30, 2013 00:21
Hong cruise with 8 hour stop in Xiamen, China - is visa required?
Asked by Gloria from USA
| Jun. 30, 2016 22:43
What visa is needed to visit Hong Kong & then take cruise through to 2 citi...
Asked by Harvey from Usa
| Mar. 08, 2017 00:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)