Asked by Jon Moulton from USA | Apr. 14, 2015 11:42
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

How close to expiration can I enter China?

I'm returning to China in late September for a week. My multiple-entry tpermit expires November 6th. I have heard that the PRC requires some time left on your visa when you enter the country, but I am unsure how much - if a month leeway is required, then I'm fine. Thanks in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Jon Moulton from USA | Apr. 14, 2015 12:02
I think I have my answer.

From: the faq page of the Houston consulate
5. I'm going to China on June 1, and my current one will expire on June 10 with its during of stay 30 days. Can I still stay in China for 30 days?
Yes. Here are some Explanations of Number of Entries, Validation and Duration of Stay.
Validation is a period of time, during which entr permit is good for the holder to enter. Validation starts from the date of issuance and the expiration date is shown as ENTER BEFORE on the entry permit.
Number of Entries designates how many times one can be used to enter within its validation. Please note each time you travel from Hong Kong or Macao to Mainland, one entry is counted. Single, double and multiple entry means within the validation, you can enter once, twice and unlimited times respectively.
Duration of Stay sets the maximum days of stay counting from the date of entry. Example: Mr. A has a single entry one showing ENTER BEFORE Dec-20-2003 with duration of stay 30 days. If Mr. A enters PRC on Dec-18-2003, he can still stay up to 30 days.
Related Questions:
Does "validity" of your visa only apply to your entry date?
Asked by Ton from Netherlands
| Feb. 01, 2012 00:56
Please Answer, Urgent!I was in China with my Husband on Spouse Visa which h...
Asked by Saba from Pakistan
| Jun. 26, 2017 22:15
EU citizen completing V.2011B applying from country other than that of my n...
Asked by Jenna from UK
| May. 20, 2012 02:51
I have a Chinese Visa (M) that allows me to stay in China for 60 days.
Asked by Allan from USA
| Mar. 02, 2018 01:59
Visa status? Overstay?
Asked by K greene from United States
| Nov. 11, 2015 03:55
can young teens enter china without parents but with close relative such as...
Asked by Paul from United States
| May. 12, 2011 22:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)