Asked by Andy from Philippines | Apr. 07, 2015 00:18
About:China Embassy in Philippines

S2 type or L type

I am working in Shanghai and am resident with my wife and our family. I would like to invite my wife's nephew to stay with us for a month or two - during his summer holiday from college. Would nephew be eligible for S2 visa? He would be applying in Philippines. I think it is unlikely from what I read online that he would get a 2 month tourist type - they tend to give 1 month in Philippines? Also, he is 17 years old at moment - would that pose any additional problem? Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Lauren from Canada | Apr. 12, 2015 02:53
Andy, I’m afraid her nephew cannot apply for the S2 type. It is possible to get the 2 month tourist type entry permit. You can consult this with the embassy officer. If he is really not eligible for the S2 type, then he has to apply for the tourist L type. Anyway, even though the embassy only gives him one month stay duration, he can extend it in China before the L type expires.

For applicants under age 18, the original and photocopy of the unabridged birth certificate of the applicant or the Affidavit from the parents indicating kinship issued by local police station, photocopy of the parents’ passports or ID cards, and Notarized Parental Letter of Consent or the Affidavit from non-accompanying parent(s) authorizing the travel may be required for submission.
Related Questions:
sir i study in Chinese University.I want to invite my brother.Do I need let...
Asked by Raza from Pakistan
| Oct. 08, 2016 04:55
For what duration is it possible to extend a s2 type?
Asked by olivier from Plante
| Jul. 27, 2017 22:03
Is it possible to go from an S2 visa to working Z type?
Asked by JeL from Spain
| Mar. 17, 2015 00:39
Does S2 type visa require a return ticket?
Asked by Maha Khalil from Lebanon
| May. 22, 2015 03:13
do I need medical examination for S2 type?
Asked by maz from Pakistan
| Oct. 17, 2016 20:07
My sister went here with an S2 type, is it possible to apply her an S1 type...
Asked by Chris from Philippines
| Aug. 15, 2017 05:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)